[Brownbag] Demography Brown Bag - Ethan Raker "Extreme heat and racial health disparities at birth" on Wednesday December 1, from 12 to 1pm.

Maria Teresa Hernandez mt_hernandez at berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 29 11:56:56 PST 2021

Dear Colleagues:

Please join us in our last brown bag of the fall semester on Wednesday December 1 at 12noon.
Ethan Raker
Sociology, University of British Columbia
"Extreme heat and racial health disparities at birth”

Zoom Meeting ID: 998 5935 0488
Password: DEMOG_BB

Raker is Assistant Professor of Sociology at the University of British Columbia. Raker’s  research agenda focuses on socio-spatial inequality, climate change, health, and neighborhoods.  In particular , the research focuses on the empirical application of novel, large-scale administrative and climate data to address theoretical questions about the relationship between the environment and society

The event on the UC Berkeley calendar is available here. <https://events.berkeley.edu/index.php/calendar/sn/popsci.html?event_ID=142518&date=2021-12-01>

Recordings of past sessions are available at our BPC website:
https://populationsciences.berkeley.edu <https://populationsciences.berkeley.edu/>

Kind Regards,
Maria

María Teresa Hernández, MPH
she/her/hers
Research Manager
School of Public Health UC Berkeley
mt_hernandez at berkeley.edu

Global Health Equity Scholars
ghes.berkeley.edu

Center on the Economics and Demography of Aging & Berkeley Population Center
populationsciences.berkeley.edu

UC Berkeley sits on the territory of xučyun (Huichin), the ancestral and unceded land of the Ohlone people.
We recognize that every member of the Berkeley community has, and continues to benefit from, the use and occupation of this land, since the institution’s founding in 1868.