[Brownbag] Demography Brown Bag March 9: Student PAA Presentations

Monique Verrier monique at demog.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 3 18:06:26 PST 2016

Please join us for a special Demography Brown Bag Presentation taking
place on our Demography Prospective Student Visit Day on Wednesday, March
9. Demography and Sociology and Demography students will present papers
and posters that will be presented at the annual Population Association of
America meeting that takes place March 31- April 2 in Washington D.C.

The following Demography and Sociology and Demography students will
present papers and posters:

Paul Chung - Paper presentation: "Kin Availability in the Era of Mass
Incarceration."

Monica Alexander - Paper presentation: "A Flexible Bayesian Model for
Estimating Subnational Mortality."

Alison Gemmill - Poster presentation: TBA.

Gabriel Borges - Poster presentation: "Health Transition in Brazil –
Regional Variations and Convergence/Divergence in Mortality."

We hope to see you then. We will also have a Tea Time Gathering at 4:30
the same day and everyone is invited. In the Tea Room, obviously.

Thanks!

Monique

To view past brown bag presentations, please go here:
vimeo.com/berkeleypopscience

Monique Verrier
Graduate Student Affairs Officer
University of California, Berkeley
tel: 510.642.9800  fax: 510.643.8558

The Demography Brown Bag Seminars take place on Wednesdays from 12:10 to 1:00,
in room 100 of the Demography building, 2232 Piedmont Ave. Please try to arrive
before 12:10 so we can start promptly at the scheduled time. Regular and
decaffeinated coffee will be available, as well as cookies and hot water for
tea. Administrative inquiries may be addressed to the Demography Office at
642-9800, or monique at demog.berkeley.edu. If you would like to inquire about
presenting a seminar yourself, or have suggestions for other potential
speakers, please contact Liz Vasile at evasile at berkeley.edu. Visit our webpage
for an up-to-date list of future Brown Bag Seminars visit our website at
http://www.demog.berkeley.edu/announcements/brownbag.shtml Funding partially
provided by the Berkeley Population Center and The Center for the Economics and
Demography of Aging (CEDA).