[Brownbag] No Brown Bag This Week and Video Links to Past Presentations

Monique Verrier monique at demog.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 23 16:57:31 PDT 2015

Dear Demography Brown Bag Community,

The Demography Department will not have a brown bag presentation this week, March 25, because it is spring break. The next brown bag presentation will be April 1:

Bastien Chabe-Ferret (Universite Catholique de Louvain), "Baby Boom or Baby Bust? The Effect of the Great Depression on Fertility."

I am also happy to announce that videos of recent past brown bag presentations are now available to be viewed on Vimeo. The speakers, titles and links are below. In order to view them, please click the link to the video of interest (or copy and past the URL into a browser) and enter the password, which is "brownbag."

The video recording of Demography events is a work in progress and we are interested in feedback from viewers on what you like and don't like about the way these videos are formatted and what you would like to see done differently. Please send comments to me (monique at demog.berkeley.edu) or Liz Vasile (evasile at berkeley.edu).

These videos are a result of the skills and efforts of our CEDA-sponsored student film crew, along with technical assistance from Carl Boe and the organizational and administrative support of Liz Vasile and we appreciate their efforts in this endeavor.

Please click on a link below and use the password "brownbag" to access the video.

February 4, 2015
Shira Offer
"Leisure and Dual-Earner Parents' Well-Being: The Contamination Hypothesis Revisited"
https://vimeo.com/120616839

February 11, 2015
James Holland Jones and Michael Price
"Hierarchical evolutionary preferences explain discrepancies in expected utility theory"
https://vimeo.com/120639780

February 18, 2015
David Silver
"Aging and individual productivity; evidence from emergency physicians"
https://vimeo.com/120639781

February 25, 2015
Hilary Hoynes
"The earned income tax credit and the distribution of income."
https://vimeo.com/121687054

March 3, 2015
Kristen Harknett
"Did stop and frisk policing have effects on the health of New York City residents?" (Also featuring work by Alex Shpenev of UPenn and Tod Mijanovich of NYU.)
https://vimeo.com/121688932

March 11, 2015
Patrick Simon
"Discrimination in a colorblind society: racial divisions behind the french model of integration."
https://vimeo.com/122243761.

Monique

Monique Verrier
Student Services Advisor