[Brownbag] Demography Brown Bag Seminar April 16: Pre-PAA Presentations

Monique Verrier monique at demog.berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 15 12:43:15 PDT 2014

Please join the Demography Department for a brown bag presentation
tomorrow. On Wednesday, April 16, 2014, we welcome students to practice
their presentations for the Population Association of America annual
meeting.

The following students will present:

Benjamin Seligman (School of Medicine, Tuljapurkar Lab, Department of
Biology, Stanford University) will present, "A New Dimension to Mortality
Forecasts?"

Nadia Diamond-Smith (Global Health Group, University of California, San
Francisco) will present, "Decomposing Improving Child Sex Ratios In India
Into Fertility And Mortality Related Components," (co-authored by Nandita
Saikia and Vladimir Canudas--Romo).

Monique

The Demography Brown Bag Seminars take place usually on Wednesdays from 12:10
to 1:00, in room 100 of the Demography building, 2232 Piedmont Ave. Please try
to arrive before 12:10 so we can start promptly at the scheduled time. Regular
and decaffeinated coffee will be available, as well as cookies and hot water
for tea. Administrative inquiries may be addressed to the Demography Office at
642-9800, or monique at demog.berkeley.edu. If you would like to inquire about
presenting a seminar yourself, or have suggestions for other potential
speakers, please contact Ronald Lee at 642-4535, or rlee at demog.berkeley.edu.
Visit our webpage for an up-to-date list of future Brown Bag Seminars visit our
website at http://www.demog.berkeley.edu/announcements/brownbag.shtml Funding
partially provided by the Berkeley Population Center and The Center for the
Economics and Demography of Aging (CEDA).

Monique M. Verrier
Graduate Student Services Adviser
UC Berkeley, Department of Demography
Tel. 510-642-9800  FAX 510-643-8558