[Brownbag] Jan 18 BrownBag is not really a BrownBag

Carl Mason carlm at demog.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 17 11:36:59 PST 2012

Instead of a real seminar, tomorrow's BrownBag will be a demonstration of new
software available at the Demography/CEDA/PopCenter Computing Lab. The new
software makes using the lab far easier -- especially from far away.

The impetus for this project is in part to make the lab more useful to our
current users, but beginning this semester, we are also inviting Sociology
graduate students to try it out in hopes that it can (more than) replace the
SSCL facility that is no longer in Barrows Hall.  For more information please
visit http://lab.demog.berkeley.edu/LabWiki

We realize that this may not be of interest to all BrownBag regulars. We
apologize for this and promise that John Wilmoth will make up for it *next*
week.