[Brownbag] Brown Bag September 2: Daniel Levitis (Reminder)

Liz Ozselcuk elto at demog.berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 31 15:56:50 PDT 2009

This is a reminder that on September 2 Daniel Levitis (Integrated Biology, UC
Berkeley) will present, "The evolution of post-fertile survival: experimental
and comparative studies of a demographic anomaly."

PLEASE NOTE: the talk will not be in the Demography building at 2232 Piedmont
as it usually is.  Instead it will be down in Valley Life Science Building, as
per Daniel's description below. If you are up at the top of campus allow
yourself about 15 minutes to get there.  Sorry, no cookies or coffee for this
first Brown Bag of the season.  We will make it up to you next week!

Daniel's instructions:

The talk on Wednesday will be in the library at the back of the Museum of
Vertebrate Zoology, which is 3101 Valley Life Science Building. It will start
at 12:10. I'll try to finish by 12:45 so we can have questions until 1PM, when
it breaks up.

>From the campanile, people should head straight down hill (west). VLSB will be
on their right. Enterning through the second set of doors will bring them into
a hallway which overlooks a T-Rex skeleton standing in the middle of a large
spiral stair. Up one flight, at the top of those steps, is the MVZ. There will
be someone in the front to direct people to the seminar room, at least until
12:10.

Liz Ozselcuk, standing in for vacationing Monique

The Demography Brown Bag Seminars take place usually on Wednesdays from
12:10 to 1:00, in room 100 of the Demography building, 2232 Piedmont Ave
(EXCEPT ON SEPTEMBER 2--SEE MESSAGE ABOVE). Please try to arrive before
12:10 so we can start promptly at the scheduled time. Regular and
decaffeinated coffee will be available, as well as cookies and hot water
for tea. Administrative inquiries may be addressed to the Demography
Office at 642-9800, or monique at demog. If you would like to inquire about
presenting a seminar yourself, or have suggestions for other potential
speakers, please contact Ronald Lee at 642-4535, or
rlee at demog.berkeley.edu. Visit our webpage for an up-to-date list of
future Brown Bag Seminars,
http://www.demog.berkeley.edu/events/brownbag.html.

Monique M. Verrier