[Brownbag] Brown Bag April 2: Pre-PAA Presentations

Monique Verrier monique at demog.berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 1 15:25:25 PDT 2008

Please join us on Wednesday, April 2, 2008, for the demography brown bag
Pre-Population Association of America Annual Meeting practice presentations by
students and faculty. Presenters have an opportunity to present their talks and
get feedback from the audience in order to fine tune their presentations before
the meeting, so please join us!

The following students will be presenting tomorrow, April 2:

Carol Tomas (Sociology and Demography, UC Berkeley), "Mean Age at First Job in
Brazil: The Case of Metropolitan Areas."

Futoshi Ishii (Demography, UC Berkeley), "Mortality projection model for Japan
with age-shifting structure."

The following students will be presenting next Wednesday, April 9:

Sepideh Modrek (School of Public Health, UC Berkeley), Does Inequality Relate
to Objective or Subjective Health? Evidence from Costa Rica.

Emilio Zagheni (Demography, UC Berkeley), The Impact of Demographic Dynamics on
Natural Resources. A Discussion within the Framework of Input-Output Models.

Aliya Saperstein (Demography, UC Berkeley), The Race of a Criminal Record: How
Incarceration ( with Andrew Penner
Sociology, UC Berkeley).

I'll send a reminder about this one next week.

Monique

The Demography Brown Bag Seminars take place usually on Wednesdays from 12:10
to 1:00, in room 100 of the Demography building, 2232 Piedmont Ave. Please try
to arrive before 12:10 so we can start promptly at the scheduled time. Regular
and decaffeinated coffee will be available, as well as cookies and hot water
for tea. Administrative inquiries may be addressed to the Demography Office at
642-9800, or monique at demog. If you would like to inquire about presenting a
seminar yourself, or have suggestions for other potential speakers, please
contact Ronald Lee at 642-4535, or rlee at demog. berkeley.edu. Visit our webpage
for an up-to-date list of future Brown Bag Seminars, http://www.demog.
berkeley.edu/events/brownbag.html.

Monique M. Verrier
Student Affairs Officer/ Graduate Assistant
UC Berkeley, Department of Demography
Tel. 510-642-9800  FAX 510-643-8558