[Beer] and babies

Carl MASON carlm at demog.berkeley.edu
Fri May 5 11:58:08 PDT 2017

Apologies in advance for the  haiku :

     To today's meeting
     others will bring fetuses
     but I will bring  beer

We're celebrating fertility in general and Allison's and Gabriel's  in
particular at today's
subjective wellbeing seminar -- which is sponsored jointly with the
civilized community.

Join us a 4PM in the "tea" room.

Here's Magali's much more dignified invitiaiton:

From: Magali Barbieri <magali at demog.berkeley.edu>
To: community at lists.demog.berkeley.edu

Dear All,

As you probably know, two of our graduate students, Alison Gemmil and
Gabriel Borgès, are expecting a baby in August (not together; each with
their own spouse). Please join us for a joint baby-shower party on Friday
May 5, at 4:00 pm in the tea room of Demography. The beer connoisseurs of
the department have gracefully agreed to share the space that day.

Babies are coming
Let us celebrate the news
For the joy they'll bring

Cheers,